Re: How to run ECO 3.0 on STM32

Hi Kishore

Kishore Srimat wrote:

> Thank you very much, Finally i could run Reboot.bin. I figured that I
> need to change the  ecos HAL->Cortex-M Architecture->Cortex-M3 STm32
> Variant->STM32 Eval Development Board HAL->Startup type= "ROM"

This change should occur when you import the redboot_ROM.ecm file.

> Now I am trying to run Ecos, what is the easiest way to run Ecos ?

For _application_ development, using the GDB stub in RedBoot is usually
the best route because it provides thread-aware debugging. Configure and
build another version of eCos for RAM startup. Use the "default"
template rather than the "redboot" template. Link your application
object code with eCos in the way shown in the examples makefile at:

  /opt/ecos/ecos-3.0/examples/makefile

Then download and run your code as follows:

  $ arm-eabi-gdb -b 38400 my_application_ELF_file
  (gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
  (gdb) load
  (gdb) continue

> For example, I have HTTP server running  on STM32 with lwIP1.3.0. Now,
> I know that Ecos does not provide lwIP 1.3.0. I have seen Simon
> implemented lwIP 1.3.0 for Ecos, I could use that. before that I want
> to first familiarize with Ecos environment by running different
> examples.

Once you have built eCos for RAM startup, you can build some examples:

  cd /opt/ecos/ecos-3.0/examples
  make INSTALL_DIR=/path/to/your/ecos-RAM-startup/install

John Dallaway