Re: problem with recent port of lwip

Bob Brusa wrote:
Hi
I downloaded Simons recent port of lwip from http://download.westlicht.ch/lwip-20090722.tar.gz as indicated in his post of 29.07.09. I added it to my local ecos repository and was able to generate a library including this new port. Then I moved on and wanted to run the tcpecho.c - test. When looking at the tcpecho.c source (with eclipse) most of the source is disabled, because CYGIMP_LWIP_MODE_Sequential is undefined. I found it is defined in the library file net_lwip.h, but eclipse tells me (using eclipse include browser) that indeed, net_lwip.h is nowhere included by tcpecho.c.

Well, if you have configured the Sequential mode, I guess this is a problem with the indexer of eclipse. Eclipse seems to not have found the CYGIMP_LWIP_MODE_Sequential. I've had similar problems.

The way I currently work inside eclipse is to create a C/C++ project using the 'build' directory as the projectss main directory (the directory where you run ecosconfig). Then I add the ecos repository as a linked folder (I usually directly add the packages folder, as this is where all sources live). This way, eclipse will properly index the build environment (configuration definitions etc.) and you also have access to the repository sources. Make sure you run 'Clean Project' (right click on your project in the 'Project Explorer'). Eclipse will extract include file paths etc. from the output of the console during the rebuild. If it still does not find the proper configuration definitions you may have to manually reindex (right click on your project in the 'Project Explorer' then 'Index' -> 'Rebuild'). This should help.

Clearly, my next step will be to include net_lwip.h - but where? In lwip.h and regenerate the library? I also doubt that Simon did not run this test. So the problem is possibly a problem of my configuration????? But which? I set the value of CYGIMP_LWIP_MODE to Sequential in configtool. (My system: HW is custom built at91sam7x-board, toolchain is GNUARM on windows xp. ) Configuration: See attached ecm-file.

No changes should be necessary to the actual code. Did you try building the tests anyway and run them on the target? As outlined above, it looks to me that you only have a problem with eclipse not finding the respective include files.

Simon