Re: problem with recent port of lwip

Am 18.09.2009, 14:57 Uhr, schrieb Simon Kallweit <simon.kallweit@intefo.ch>:

Bob Brusa wrote:
Am 17.09.2009, 13:48 Uhr, schrieb Simon Kallweit <simon.kallweit@intefo.ch>:

Bob Brusa wrote:
Am 17.09.2009, 09:51 Uhr, schrieb Simon Kallweit <simon.kallweit@intefo.ch>:
Well, if you have configured the Sequential mode, I guess this is a problem with the indexer of eclipse. Eclipse seems to not have found the CYGIMP_LWIP_MODE_Sequential. I've had similar problems.

The way I currently work inside eclipse is to create a C/C++ project using the 'build' directory as the projectss main directory (the directory where you run ecosconfig).
Do you mean "as workspace"?

Create a new 'C Project' and select 'Makefile Project' -> 'Empty Project'. Specify a project name and as the 'Location' use the build directory where you have your ecos source tree.

Then I add the ecos repository as a
linked folder (I usually directly add the packages folder, as this is
There are several ways of doing this. What is the method of your choice?
I understand your link in "path2ECOSroot"/packages ?

Exactly. Right click on the project you just created in the 'Project Explorer' on the left. Then select 'New' -> 'Folder'. Enter a 'Folder name' like 'ecos' and click the 'Advanced >>' button then select the path of your ecos repository (or it's packages subfolder).

This is just the way I use eclipse with my eCos projects. I have my sources split up in multiple ecos repositories, which I all add as linked folders. Only drawback is that I you cannot use version control on these folders. But I'm used to do this on the console anyway. Maybe there are better ways of doing this?!?

Simon
Hi Simon
I did what I understood from your text - and it got messy. It seems I did not understand correctly ;-).
Anyway, I reverted back to my own eclipse-methodology and also decided to go for your most recent lwip-port http://download.westlicht.ch/lwip-20090903.tar.gz (which Mandeep had mentioned). And with this it looks much more promising.

Whatever works for you is fine :) I tried different schemes myself to come up with what I currently use. And as I said, I'm not 100% happy with it myself. But it's functional in my case.

Running the tcpecho.c program, I can see that the DHCP-server on our LAN recognizes the board, even assigns it an address, but somehow the thing is not really working. I have not sent any tcp-packages to the board yet, but I get a lot of timeout errors in the debug output (see attachment). Only - I do not understand why and what all this output means. Something seems to be unconfigured yet and this then causes these timeouts? How to fix that?

These sys_timeout log entries are normal, as far as I know. They are output when lwip checks for timeouts on blocking operations. You should probably just disable "System debugging" in the debug options.

Further: How do I send tcp-packet to port 7. Will a browser where I enter 192.168.0.10:7 send a tcp-package to port 7?

Use a telnet session. You should get echo's of whatever you send to the target. Note that telnet sends data when you hit the 'return' key.

Simon
Hi Simon
thanks for the ultra-fast response. Meanwhile I tried and still am trying to understand why it does not work. I see e. g.

CYGIMP_LWIP_MODE_Sequential in lwipopts.h is undefined - although CYGIMP_LWIP_MODE indeed has the value Sequential. Could it be, that the CDL processor should generate this combined parameter from the name+value and it doesn't do this?

Then, when generating the library, I get warnings:
CYGIMP_LWIP_NETIF_LOOPBACK_MAX_PBUFS in netif.h and netif.c is undefined. Well, I found its defined in lwipopts.h I will add an import of lwipopts.h in netif.h and see what happens. But the above problem with the Sequential stuff is rather intriguing. It could cause quite a bit of "unexpected" code??? Please comment.

Regards Robert