Re: ecos with lwip and 2 interfaces

Mandeep Sandhu wrote:
Hi All,

I've been running my application with Simon's recent port of lwIP
(1.3.1) with ecos with the linux synthetic target.

Things have been running fine with the app only using 1 net i/f, i.e
et0. et0 maps to my linux tap device.

synth_device ethernet {
   eth0 ethertap tap0
}

Now I need to use a second interface. So 'et1' will map to the real
eth0 on my PC. For this I modified my tdf file as such:

synth_device ethernet {
   eth0 ethertap tap0
   eth1 real eth0
}

In the lwIP config, I've enabled "eth1".

However, in the app a call to cyg_lwip_sequential_init() only
initializes et0 and I don't see any init for et1. I've tried using
both, a static as well as DHCP IP addr for it. But that does not help.

Has anybody used to 2 interfaces with the recent port of lwIP? Is
there anything else that I need to do, either in configuration or in
my app?

I have not really tested with multiple interfaces myself. But it seems to me that you did not enable the second synth eth device (CYGVAR_DEVS_ETH_ECOSYNTH_ETH1) in your configuration. Please make sure that you have two synth eth devices configured and report back if it still does not work.

Simon