Re: Bug/missing feature in sscanf

    Oyvind> %llu is not supported and gives no warning...
    Oyvind> 	unsigned long long cval;
    Oyvind> 	sscanf ("401", "%llu", &cval);
    Oyvind> 	if (cval == 401)
    Oyvind> 	{
    Oyvind> 		diag_printf("sscanf OK\n");
    Oyvind> 	} else
    Oyvind> 	{
    Oyvind> 		diag_printf("sscanf FAIL\n");
    Oyvind> 	}

    Oyvind> Turns out there was a patch on this that was never followed up on
    Oyvind> from 2004(!!):

    Oyvind> http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2004-02/msg00044.html

Looking at the ChangeLog in language/c/libc/stdio, I see:

  2004-08-18  Fredrik Hederstierna  <fredrik@wespot.com>
  2004-08-18  Jonathan Larmour  <jifl@eCosCentric.com>

	* src/input/vfscanf.cxx (vfscanf): Add long long and long double
	support.
	* cdl/stdio.cdl (CYGFUN_LIBC_STDIO_LONGLONG): Make it a new option.

And looking at the sources I see code related to long longs in
vfscanf(). So at first glance the patch was incorporated, and jifl did
additional work on it to allow the long long support to be suppressed
via a CDL option to reduce code size. I assume you have not disabled
CYGFUN_LIBC_STDIO_LONGLONG in your configuration.

What I don't see, unfortunately, is an addition to tests/sscanf.c
(conditional on CYGFUN_LIBC_STDIO_LONGLONG, obviously) to verify that
the code actually works. Hence the relevant code may have been broken
at some point, or there may be a toolchain issue with long longs on
whatever architecture you are using.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                                   eCos Configuration Architect
eCosCentric Limited    The eCos experts      http://www.ecoscentric.com/