RE: Re: connect Ethernet cable at run-time

Hi Grant,
For our product there is a reason. If there is no Ethernet connection
other operations can still be done. As the web server is monitored by
the watchdog it's important that it not get stuck waiting on DHCP.
So we don't need the device to be plugged into the network either and
it will continue to work with what it can. When the network does connect,
other capabilities start.

If the user wants to change between DHCP and static addresses then
that too is possible without having to restart our device.

			...Laurie:{)