FLASH API v.2 and interrupts

Hi everyone,

(Please excuse if I have overlooked a solution to our problem in mailing lists
for example.)

we have the following problem with our system (using redboot romram mode):
We can't properly harmonize flash operations and interrupt handling. There are
regularly frames coming in on CAN bus (lifesign signals of the nodes) which
have to be treated.

We use Version 1 eCos FLASH API (chip: Spansion S29GL256P) and get terrible
crashes (including completely empty flash afterwards) when interrupts are NOT
disabled and flash is programmed for example when meanwhile CAN bus traffic
is increased.

If we disable interrupts on device driver level (HAL_[DISABLE|
RESTORE]_INTERRUPTS()) flash operations all work fine
but CAN frames get lost and the task goes offline (-> whole machine no longer
able to work).

Could Version 2 of eCos FLASH API solve the problem? (It is interrupt safe
now, isn't it?)
Do you need more information about our system/configuration (I'm not sure
about what details are useful to know)?

Thank you very much in advance for your help, I'm looking forward to any
comment!
Kind regards,
Iris Lindner

--