Re: NAND framework

Regarding the NAND flash driver framework announcement:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2009-08/msg00057.html

some issues need to be clarified.

After further in-depth consideration, we now realise that this decision was premature. There was inadequate discussion devoted to any technical basis for the decision and the rationale behind that, including the opportunity for corrections from the contributors, the full maintainer team, and the rest of the community.

Also we need to clarify that the full maintainer team should have been involved in the discussion. There was no intention by anyone to imply that any of the maintainers, whoever they are employed by, have not been acting in the best interests of eCos users. Any impression to the contrary given by the earlier mail was unintentional. It is a well-understood requirement of being an eCos maintainer that all must act independently from their employers. Maintainers do not act on their employer's behalf. Should there be a possibility of a conflict of interest, the maintainers will look at each case on its own merits.

All the maintainers would also like to apologise to Rutger for the premature announcement, and thank him for his patience, and in return we intend to finish a technical evaluation rapidly to end the uncertainty. This evaluation will be discussed on the public lists this time to allow everyone interested an opportunity to contribute.

Jifl, on behalf of the eCos maintainers