Re: Adding directory in the Include search pathy

We do not use a top posting here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 12:19:06AM -0800, bkankur wrote:
> I appreciate your reply. I was following the procedure as explained
> by you.  Please find the attached zip file ecos_os.zip which is ecc
> file that is saved in the /home/shared/ecos_os_build2 after
> following below procedure.

First, gmail reject your attachment.

> Below is the steps I followed to build ecos:
> 1) Create Fresh directory /home/shared/ecos_os_build2
> 2) Open configtool from command prompt, check for Build Tools and User Tools
> Path from menu "Tools->Paths"
> 3) Select "Freescale i.MX51 Babbage board" Template from "Build->Templates"
> and in the combobox select "default"
> 4) Now save the configuration to the fresh directory
> "/home/shared/ecos_os_build2"
> 5) Generate Build Tree using menu "Build->Generate Build Tree"
> 6) Select "Build->Library" to build.

It looks right for me, but, unfortunately, there is not your target in
the public domain eCos repository. So, we won't be able to reproduce
the above for unknow target more that you use the vendor's toolchain.
So, your ecc (your attachment) cannot be tested with our eCos sources.

.02: Okay, what will be happen if you repeat the steps the above, but,
using `minimal' template? Will that build fail on the absent header
too? If it will fail ... see the below.

> In addition, For more information, Freescale has provided
> environment for building redboot. But we want to extend it and run
> ecos on the board.  Still I am getting the same redboot.h not found
> error. Can you please assist if I am doing any mistake?

Anhur, it seems for me that only vendor can help you with your build
issue. Perhaps, they provide a way to build the Redboot _only_, I do
not know. Ask them, how to build the simplest eCos application using
their toolchain and their eCos sources for the target. I believe in
that what the eCos License makes the vendors to give you a way to
build at the least the "hello, world" program for the target.  Ask
them about, they may enlighten you.

Sergei