Re: STM32 ROM .bin does not start

Bernhard Gebert schrieb:
Hello,

after running eCos successfully on my AT91SAM7X256, I want to switch over to a more recent µC, but it "simply" does not start.

I want to run my eCos application as standalone in ROM not using Redboot.

My hardware is a homebrew board using the STM32F103VET6, running at 8 MHz just like the original eval board.
I can program the flash memeory with a simple serial programmer.

What I did:
1. opened Template "ST STM3210E EVAL board", Packes "default"
2. Changed to ROM startup, both "behave as a ROM monitor" and "Work with a ROM monitor" swithed off
3. Debug and diagnostic serial ports to "1"
4. Built eCos Lib successfully
5. Modified the examples-makefile a bit: In the linker-call I wrote
$(XLD) $(LDFLAGS) $(ECOS_GLOBAL_LDFLAGS) -o $@.elf $@.o
arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O binary $@.elf $@.bin
to get *.bin outputs
6. run "make INSTALL_DIR ..." from cygwin

So far, so good. You can guess, the binaries do not run...

What I tested:
1. USART1 is working, it uses the same pins as in the eval board (PA9, PA10)
2. tried diag_printf()
3. Check USART with an oscilloscope, really nothing, so it is not a baudrate problem

Can you help me?

Sorry, I forgot something important.
I want to run the µC without external memory, so the application has to residue and run in the internal ROM.
Brg,
Bernhard