Ethernet controllers..

Hi,

I`ve a question regarding Ethernet controllers.

My platform is a i386 with 3 ethernet PCI controllers (but before you turn off, its more eCos related than platform). eCos only knows about the first controller, the other 2 use 'custom' drivers (copies of the original eCos ethernet driver but with a different interface for raw read/writes)

Is there any problem with using a different controllers? Say the main controller (eCos owned and operated) being a realtek card, whilst the other 2 being Intel based?

My concern is that there might be some PCI problems as I`ve read that u can`t mix drivers due to some PCI issues (but I think this might not affect me as eCos think's there's only one ethernet controller, the realtek card)

Regards,

Jim