Replacing CVS - decision time

Thanks for a great overview of git/mercurial!

I have never found anything like this on the web + it shows
evidence of a lot of effort into evaluating the two.

Perhaps an idea to remove all references to eCos and
posting it as a "Mercurial & Git overview" somewhere? :-)

There are some important issues to me that are not
covered. We use git every day at the office and I'm
concerned about hg for a few reasons:

- I place the apps I work on in a git repository and
I want to make eCos a submodule. How do I manage
that if the eCos repository is hg?

- Will there be a hosting site where anyone can create
official forks? This is an *excellent* way to maintain
patches and work in progress. Beats the hell out
of Bugzilla, mailing lists and google searches.
We use this in the OpenOCD project and
it is *great*. If the eCos repository is git, then it is a
piece of cake to create an official mirror at e.g. repo.or.cz
that allows this. See http://repo.or.cz/w/openocd.git
for an example on how this is done.

--
Ãyvind Harboe
US toll free 1-866-980-3434 / International +47 51 63 25 00