Re: Correctly disabling GDB support in application/kernel

Hi Manuel

Manuel Borchers wrote:

> The problem I'm facing is, that I want to completely disable any
> GDB-related functions in the application/kernel, because all netX boards
> are accessed through JTAG (or even ETM) using openocd.
>
> Is there any way to do this correctly? As a result I want to have the
> diagnostic channel routed to UART0 (which is the only one on this board
> routed out). I don't need any GDB stub running in the kernel/the app.
>
> Here is what I did to disable it:

[ snip ]

Make sure that your eCos library and application builds are up to date
since configuring CYGSEM_HAL_DIAG_MANGLER == "None". You might consider
a "make clean" to be sure.

I usually disable CYGDBG_HAL_DIAG_TO_DEBUG_CHAN to break the association
between diagnostics and debug entirely when using JTAG with ARM targets.

I hope this helps...

John Dallaway
eCos maintainer