Re: ecos program compilation problem

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 1:17 PM, Debjyoti Ghosh <debjyoti.88@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I cannot run a program on threading. It comprises of two threads..all
> i am getting is a lot of undefined references like :
> undefined reference to 'cyg_mutex_init', 'cyg_thread_create', etc.
>

> Is it that some libraries are not being linked? What libraries should i link?
> Plz anybody suggest the steps in detail, required to run my program perfectly.

Hi,

I quote from the first paragraph from:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/user-guide/building-and-running-sample-appliations.html

"The example programs in this tutorial are included, along with a
Makefile, in the examples  directory of the eCos distribution. "

All you need to do is to read the Makefile
http://ecos.sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ecos/examples/Makefile?rev=1.5&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=ecos

If you want to compile just one application, follow the advices from
the user guide. Basically, you need to:

$ TARGET-gcc -g -IBASE_DIR/ecos-work/install/include hello.c
-LBASE_DIR/ecos-work/install/lib -Ttarget.ld -nostdlib

Regards,

Edgar

--
Edgar Grimberg