Re: eth_recv out of MBUFs

John Mills wrote:
4. Use a free ('valgrind') or commercial code analyzer to track memory allocation (another "learning opportunity"!).

valgrind is a wonderful idea in general, but very Linux-specific at the moment. I wondered about valgrinding an eCos app running on the synth target the other month; I got as far as determining that it seems to Just Work for a simple single-threaded eCos configuration, but as soon as you bring in the scheduler the threading model - which doesn't use ordinary Linux threads - causes valgrind to get very very confused.

I found myself staring at the valgrind code, wondering how much effort it would be to teach valgrind how to notice the synth spawning threads (at the moment it does so by intercepting the clone syscall) but haven't had time to actually try as yet...

Ross

--
eCosCentric Ltd, Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive, Cambridge CB5 8UU, UK
Registered in England no. 4422071.                 www.ecoscentric.com