Purpose of CYGACC_CALL_IF_RESET?

Hi,

Does anyone happen to know what CYGACC_CALL_IF_RESET _actually_ does?
Please don't say "reset the device", because in my case, it doesn't...
and I'm looking to find out why.

The target board here is a Ka-Ro TX27 module (Freescale i.MX27), and I
believe the RedBoot that it came with is based on eCos 2.0, but that's a
guess.

After adding some features to be able to manipulate an I²C EEPROM from
within RedBoot and adjust the Linux kernel command line to suit, I've
found that the reset command is broken, the device hangs instead.  I
have no JTAG, so must debug this by tracing through the code by hand,
and inserting diag_printf's liberally.

My understanding is that calling this function (or macro as the case may
be), eventually leads to HAL_PLATFORM_RESET getting called... however it
stops somewhere, indefinitely.  I've tried tracing it, but I find it
very hard to navigate the twists and turns of eCos' internals.

I think I might have a much better idea as to what's going on if I could
determine what the actual flow of execution is once this macro/function
is called.

Could someone enlighten me?
Regards,
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)      .'''.
Gentoo Linux/MIPS Cobalt and Docs Developer  '.'` :

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.