What does "implements CYGINT_IO_ETH_MULTICAST" mean?

I'm investigating what it would take to get my platform to
join a multicast group and receive multicast UDP packets.

I see that one of the interface values for Ethernet drivers is
CYGINT_IO_ETH_MULTICAST.  My Ethernet driver doesn't implement that,
so I assume receiving UDP multicast won't work.

Can anybody loan me a clue what "implementing" that implies for an
Ethernet driver?  I assumed it mean that the driver supported one or
both of ETH_DRV_SET_MC_ALL, ETH_DRV_SET_MC_LIST.

But when I looked at a driver that "implement[s] CYGINT_IO_ETH_MULTICAST"
I find that the body of ppc405_eth_control() consists of

    os_printf("%s.%d\n", __FUNCTION__, __LINE__);
    return 1;

If an ethernet driver doesn't have to to handle ETH_DRV_SET_MC_ALL and
ETH_DRV_SET_MC_LIST to claim it "implements CYGINT_IO_ETH_MULTICAST",
what exactly does a driver have to do?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! All this time I've
                                  at               been VIEWING a RUSSIAN