Re: Atmel AT91FR40162 overstock?

I am in the Cortex M3 hell with the TI/Luminary  LM3S5T36  which  has  a
lead time of 140 days (even for samples and I am at the halftime)  which
mean, I can not complete 11 differnt types of prototypes,  to  test  and
certify it and go into production in February 2011. And if you will need
between 2000-5000 pcs per month you can imagine the losts...

Eek!

I have work for 25 hours a day and do not know the "Economic Crises" but
I am affected in all directions...

It's really annoying. Our Altera FPGA's also have half a year lead time. Someone at top level at the die factories should be fired for bad planning! I wonder why it takes so long to reboot the factories they shut during the critical times. Did they tear them down?

I asume you or your enterprise too...

We have to buy the MCU's at the spot marked, wich means currently an additional $30-40 extra each (normal price ~$7)... and prices are increasing as overstock gets harder to find :(

(sorry for the off topic thread)