AW: Re: eCos License questions

Hi,

> I would add that contributing your code to the eCos project repository is
the best/easiest way to ensure that it remains compatible with other eCos
developments in the long term.

In principle I agree. For me the most easiest way would be to contribute all
stuff to the repository, I ever programmed for eCos. So I would not have any
effort to keep or to publish source codes.
But I believe, that this is only desired, when the code would enhance the
eCos and would not cause additional work.

Examples:

I have a small project to make a driver for a customer specific protocol
based on a fiber optic wire and a FPGA, which is making the bit codings.
I think, beside this customer nobody in the world is interested in this
driver, so this code would be rubbish for the community.

Or maybe for hardware adaptions some changes of existing drivers are
necessary. In order to save time and money, this adaptions are made in a
dirty way, which would not fullfilling the requirements of the eCos
repository.
It would not be able to contribute this changes to the community, but as I
understand now, I have to publish the source code in another way.

An additional question:
Assumed that a source code must be published... Is it enough to make the
source code available to the customers, who have bought the product which
contains the source code or is it necessary to make the source code
available to everyone, who is interested in (but is no customer)?

Richard

ITR GmbH
Informationstechnologie Rauch
Schnepfenreuther Hauptstrasse 27b