Re: HOWTO: eCos on QEMU PC emulator

On 24.03.2011 01:37, Grant Edwards wrote:

>   http://www.panix.com/~grante/eCos-on-QEMU.html

Thanks, this is an interesting work. I tried this with
VMWare and VirtualBox and I did not succeed because
of eCos calling something in the disk layer the two
do not implement
(http://www.mail-archive.com/ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org/msg11944.html).

Let's see whether QEMU understand it (at least one can
fix it if it does not). Maybe you already tried it
(enabling CYGSEM_REDBOOT_DISK_IDE was enough to trigger
this in my environment)?

Out of curiosity, is there a - QEMU or not, free or not
but affordable - emulator capable of emulating
a minimal Cortex-M3 system with its Thumb-2 instruction
set?

Part of our work is a JIT compiler and such tool would
greatly help us in debugging and (automatic) testing.

Thanks
--
                                  Stano