Re: HOWTO: eCos on QEMU PC emulator

On 2011-03-24, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011-03-24, Drasko DRASKOVIC <drasko.draskovic@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Grant Edwards
>><grant.b.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I've never tried it with Grub2.

>>> I've never heard anything good about Grub2. It's reported to be huge,
>>> bloated, and difficult to install and use. I did install it once on a
>>> Mac Mini, and it's not someting I'm looking forward to ever using.
>>
>> Well, I think it would be good to take a look at this, because it
>> might be something easy to fix in your script but for the time being
>> it does not work with Grub2, and Grub2 is becoming standard on all
>> newer distros.
>
> I'll add a working copy of legacy-grub's el-torito stage2 to the
> tarball.

I've added the required el-torito loader to the tarball, so the
runit.sh script no longer depends on the user having Grub installed.

It would be simpler if floppy-boot mode would work: there would be no
need to create an ISO image, which requires something like grub to
load the application. But, since I do have something that works, I
don't have a lot of motivation to figure out what's wrong with the
floppy startup mode. :)

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! This ASEXUAL PIG
                                  at               really BOILS my BLOOD