Re: HOWTO: eCos on QEMU PC emulator

On 2011-03-28, Alex Schuilenburg <alexs@ecoscentric.com> wrote:
> On 2011-03-25 15:26, John Dallaway wrote:
>> Drasko

>>> So why then the authors must assign copyright to the FSF and
>>> contribute it in the order for us to put eCos sources in git tree ?
>> You can put eCos-licensed sources in your _own_ repository and
>> redistribute them without issue. However, it is eCos project policy that
>> copyright in all contributions to the official eCos project repository
>> must be assigned to the FSF. [ There are a few exceptions. ]
>
> The only benefit I can think of wanting to publish your own repository
> would be for the rapid-turnaround in shared development of your port.
>
> While you can redistribute freely, there are a few good reasons why you
> should consider contributing after the work is completed rather than
> continuing to publish the code in your own repository.

In this case, he can't consider contributing after the work is
completed.  He didn't write the port in question.  AFAICT he was
asking about creating a repository which which contained code which
somebody else developed and for which a copyright assignment to the
FSF hadn't been executed -- but for which the license terms allows him
to redistribute the source code.

In any case it's pretty much a moot point, since the author of the
port has expressed a desire to contribute it.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm young ... I'm
                                  at               HEALTHY ... I can HIKE