RE: Ftp server solution for eCos?

Hello,

we have been using another ftp server for a while now (we ported it to eCos).
It is a very simple one, without security, but OK for us:
http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/ftpdmin/index.html
We ported it to eCos in 2007. I can send you the sources if you want.
But the server below also looks ok.

2 remarks out of my experience:
- Be aware that if you use JFFS2 as filesystem, that it is best to use the node size as write buffer (after the fopen):
  setvbuf(file, NULL, _IOFBF, PAGE_SIZE); //set stdio buffer size to jffs2 node size!
- FTP consumes a lot of sockets. But sockets in ecos are statically allocated, and their numer is set at compile time. So, when fastly changing from directory in an ftp session, the ftp server will hang for a while, waiting for sockets to be released. It could also be necessary to increase that default number - if I remember well, you have to increase the max number of open files instead of the max no of open sockets.

Kind regards,
Jürgen