Re: scheduler started?

On 12.08.2011 09:03, Slide wrote:

> Back in 2009, this [1] message told one way to know if the scheduler
> was already started. Is this still the recommended method for doing
> so?
>
> [1] - http://sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss/2009-06/msg00105.html

I'd like to ask the same question. I have an I2C RTC chip that
has to be accessed in the wallclock constructor. Contrary
to the SPI the I2C does not allow to force the polled mode
in the transfer function calls (by design choice - see
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/ecos-patches/2006-10/msg00015.html -
that I find quite unfortunate).

Before resorting to ugly hacks or patching the scheduler itself
to set some flag, is

  cyg_thread_self() == cyg_thread_idle_thread()

still safe and recommended for this purpose?

Thanks
--
                                   Stano