Re: porting redboot on vmware?

 On 12/10/2011 09:33, abhishek srivastava wrote:
> hi
> i had successfully generated redboot.bin file by importing redboot_FLOPPY.ecm file, for i386 PC (vmware).
> now what next?
>
> i want to connect vmware with my host using serial ports but i dont have floppy drive available in my laptop.
> what startup type should i choose for i3686 PC target?? please suggest steps to be followed further.

You don't need any physical floppy if you are using VMWare.

Follow the instructions at
http://www.ecoscentric.com/ecospro/doc.cgi/html/ref/i386-pc-setup.html#I386-PC-REDBOOT-VMWARE
to create your VM and point the VM Floppy drive to the RedBoot image.
You can then access RedBoot remotely over the VM network or even a pipe
(configured as the end of a serial connection), depending how your
configured your VM and debug/develop applications as if were a real PC.

HTH
-- Alex

Managing Director/CEO                                eCosCentric Limited
Tel:  +44 1223 245571                     Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive
Fax:  +44 1223 248712                             Cambridge, CB5 8UU, UK
www.ecoscentric.com             Reg in England and Wales, Reg No 4422071