Re: reboot is slow

On 2012-01-05, linux.chips <linux.chips@gmail.com> wrote:

> the caches are enabled (typing cache in the prompt tells me it on).

If the HAL code is broken somehow, it might not be telling the truth.

> i am not sure where to find the memory initialization, currently
> looking for it. the cpu clock is tunable as far as i know, i can see
> options for cpu clock selections in the cdl files. how can i verify
> the initialization and cpu clock are correct?

On all the parts I've ever used, there has been a way to configure the
hardware to output a clock signal on one of the peripheral pins (if
not the CPU clock then at least something with a known ratio to the
CPU clock).  I enable that feature, then use a 'scope to verify the
clock frequency.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! LOOK!!  Sullen
                                  at               American teens wearing