Re: use old SNMP with current kernel/stack?

On 2012-01-09, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to upgrade from something that's approximately eCos 2.0
> (with a few fixes) to current CVS head, and it appears SNMP is going
> to be an issue.
>
> Somewhere along the line, SNMP has acquired dependencies on the entire
> Posix/Pthreads infrasctrucutre, which then pulls in another layer of
> stuff (e.g. timeslicing).

[...]

>  1) Can somebody point me to a list of what benefits there are to the
>     "new" SNMP design that would justify adding the entire
>     POSIX/pthreads infrastructure and its requirements to my build?

Oops, I forgot to mention that I did check the ChaneLogs and the only
thing that appeared relevent was from 2005-10-23:

        * include/config.h: POSIX provides gettimeofday()
        * cdl/snmplib.cdl: We require gettimeofday from POSIX

Requring Posix/pthreads/timeslicing/etc. seems a bit drastic just to
call gettimeofday() on a platform that doesn't even know the time of
day to start with. ;)

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm totally DESPONDENT
                                  at               over the LIBYAN situation