Re: Redboot for FSL TWRK70F120M with Linux kernel booting

On 14.03.2012 09:08, Linh Nguyán wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Ilija Kocho <ilijak@siva.com.mk> wrote:
>> Hi Linh
>>

>> On 14.03.2012 05:39, Linh Nguyán wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Does anyone successful porting Redboot for TWRK70F120M hardware board?
>>> I have edited HAL of TWRK60N512 to use as TWRK70F120M. It can run but
>>> I don't now how to add SDRAM of K70 into linker file and use it.
>>> Attached files are linker file that I edited to use SDRAM, I have
>>> initialized PLL0 and PLL1 then DDR registers. I can access SDRAM by
>>> hard address (like 0x70001000). But when I load a binary file into
>>> SDRAM, it shown the warrning as bellow:
>>> <code>
>>> RedBoot> load -r -v -h 10.207.215.87 -m tftp -b 0x70008000 Image
>>> Specified address (0x70008000) is not believed to be in RAM - continue (y/n)? y
>>> </code>
>>>
>>> If you have any ideas about the problems, please let me know :).
>> You need to report this memory to RedBoot. Look for
>> cyg_plf_memory_segment() in twr_k60n512_misc.c (or whatever name you
>> have given to this file).
> I have done this before. (twr_k70f120m_misc.c attached.)
>
> Can you take a look at the file and show me my mistake :). Or please
> share me your linker config & memory segment () that you configure for
> DRAM.

I think you don't need to add dram region but simply declare dram as
main ram.
I think it will be easiest for you if you use TWR-K60N512-FXM target as
example. (added recently so you may need to update/checkout eCos). It is
very similar to what you probably need - only with FlexBus external
memory instead of DDR. Probably in addition to initialization code you
only need to change base address and size of RAM and it should work.

I hope this helps. Looking forward to your feedback.

Ilija