Re: How to "unimlement" an interface?

On 2012-03-13, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using a legacy flash driver that doesn't need somebody else to
> fiddle the caches.  How do I "unimplement"
> CYGHWR_IO_FLASH_DEVICE_NEEDS_CACHE_HANDLED which is "implemented" by
> CYGHWR_IO_FLASH_DEVICE_LEGACY?
>
> I don't understand why the interface/implement scheme is being used
> this way.  If a flash driver requires cache handling shouldn't it
> "require" something rather than "implement" something?

I've commented out the "implements CYGHWR_IO_FLASH_DEVICE_NEEDS_CACHE_HANDLED"
line in io/flash/current/cdl/io_flash.cdl to fix this problem, but
that doesn't seem like the right way to handle it.  How is my flash
driver supposed to inform the configuration system that it doesn't
need the the io/flash layer to do chache handling?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm ZIPPY the PINHEAD
                                  at               and I'm totally committed