Re: Select break?

On 2012-10-11, Allan Nielsen <a@awn.dk> wrote:

> Is there any way I can wakeup a select call from an other thread?

You used to be able to call cyg_select_abort(), which would wake up
any thread that was blocking in cyg_select_with_abort() -- which had
the same semantics as select() except it could be aborted.  It was a
great feature that I found exactly fit my needs.  But, that feature
disappeared.

Now the only practical solution I've found is to always use a timeout
when you call select() and just poll the abort condition.  No, it's
not very elegent, it wastes CPU, and in introduces a lot of latency.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Give them RADAR-GUIDED
                                  at               SKEE-BALL LANES and