Kinetis CYG_HAL_STARTUP_VAR conflict

BACKGROUND
----------------------

I am having a little bit of trouble trying to get my first hello world app on a K60 Tower Board.

I have RedBoot running from ROM and I can ping the ethernet port, so presumably I will eventually get GDB to talk to it.

I am having trouble building an initial app that uses the ROM monitor. Following the example in the eCos book, I went hunting for CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR, enabled it and then set startup to SRAM. This seems the obvious way to run and debug.

PROBLEM

I am getting a conflict I don't know how to resolve. I have set CYG_HAL_STARTUP_VAR = SRAM. This results in CYG_HAL_STARTUP = SRAM by calculation.

But I get a conflict from CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR that wants CYG_HAL_STARTUP == RAM

QUESTIONS

1) Can I ignore this conflict and get the monitor and app to work?

2) Is there a better approach?

3) Has anyone succeeded to use RedBoot on the K60 and can you supply an example config project that works that I can look at?

Thanks,

Mike