SIGTRAP problems

I am starting a new thread on my debugging problem with Kinetis. I don't really know for sure it is a Kinetis specific problem.

The behavior I get is when I have downloaded my hello world ELF image from gdb, an image that runs fine when loaded into the RedBoot rom monitor via telnet, I get a SIGTRAP at the reset vector. Any attempt to continue generates the same SIGTRAP.

I search all over the discussion list and there are comments about multithread problems, and others that have run into the same problem, but no definite solutions.

I have played with more settings than I can remember in my configuration. And come up empty.

Does anyone have any advice on how to debug this kind of problem rather than ignorantly guessing?

Does anyone have any fixes from the past that might understand what causes it?

Mike