Re: Eclipse / CDT without Makefile Project

Ilija,

Wow! That worked. Now I can set breakpoints and run.

I think I am down to one last problem. How do I control where the printf goes? I selected Allocate Console on the Common tab, the the Console in Eclipse only shows:

[Switching to Thread 2]
[New Thread 1]

If I turn that off, I get:

361,985 (gdb)
362,026 @"Hello Mike.\n"
362,030 =breakpoint-modified,bkpt={number="1",type="breakpoint",disp="keep",enabled="y",addr="0x1fff\
e4de",func="main",file="../Sources/hello.c",fullname="/home/mike/Embedded/Freescale/app/hello_world/\
Sources/hello.c",line="46",times="1",original-location="/home/mike/Embedded/Freescale/app/hello_worl\
d/Sources/hello.c:46"}

I am not sure if the @"Hello Mike.\n" is output or just information. I assume it is output because it does not show printf.

Can you give some pointers on how to get a console that is only for input/output?

I would prefer a console that sends the data over the ethernet cable I am using with RedBoot and not try to use RS232 or USB. This way I could debug a target remotely.

Also, do you know a way to reset the target without a reset button on the Tower? If I was remote, I may not have a way to use the button. When my app exits, it seems to leave RedBoot in a hung state.

Mike