Re: Is eCosPro a fork of eCos?

I haven't posted to this list in a while, but I still get it in digest form for some reason.

Just wanted to say that either eCosPro or eCosCentric holding back bug fixes from the main tree should not be done.

You guys should do the consulting thing and create new packages, etc. to stack on top of eCos to make money,
but IMHO leaving known bugs unfixed so you can tell customers "we have many hard won bugs fixed if you buy our product" isn't a good way to keep the ecosystem alive.  People will try eCos and hit the bugs and say it's crap...they won't say "maybe we should have tried the 'Pro' version because it's less buggy".

I project I was on was killed off because there were too many bugs w/ the networking stack and PPP.

And IMHO, yes, anything where you take a copy of the mainline and only keep your own copy of it to fix or add features to is obvously a fork...that's the basic definition of a fork....