Re: Anonymous CVS password not working!

Alok Damle wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to access the Anonymous CVS behind from firewall.

I have also asked our firewall administrator to open the 2401 port for the same.

now when i gove the command:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/ecos login

then it asked me for the password

I typed : anoncvs

It retured me with the error

cvs [Login aborted]: recv() from server sources.redhat.cpm: Connection reset by peer.

Please tell me what is the problem and how can i rectify it.
Assuming this isn't a temporary problem that has now gone away...

It is almost certainly something to do with your firewall. Your sysadmin may have accidently opened 2401 as the source port not the destination port? And check it's definitely a TCP port that's been opened. After that, I dunno. Sniff the ethernet traffic to see if it makes it past the firewall maybe.

Jifl
--
eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ <info@eCosCentric.com>
--[ can rejoice because thorns have roses." -Lincoln ]-- Opinions==mine