Re: [ECOS] eCos 2.0 Beta Development CDROM

Hi Gary

Gary Thomas wrote:
On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 07:33, Alex Schuilenburg wrote:

eCosCentric, in conjunction with the eCos maintainers, are pleased to announce that they will be selling eCos 2.0 Beta Development CDROMs of the eCos 2.0 Beta release.

While I appreciate that you've added wording to try and explain that
eCosCentric could not have gotten to this point without the maintainers,
I think that this gives a wrong impression.  As far as I know, Mark,
Andrew and myself are not part of this offering, nor will we benefit
[directly] from any proceeds which might come of it.  The statement
implies otherwise.

I apologise. I should have made our position clearer to you. I did not mean to infer that the maintainers were selling the CDROM, merely that they contributed to the release along with the rest of the community and contributors.

As with eCos licensing, I sincerely doubt very much that we will make much profit from sale of the CDROMs. This is more a service for those bound by download bandwidth, or those who don't want the problems of downloading, installing, etc. Any profits made will be used to help fund the eCos test farm, which hopefully will also become in part a public resource. eCosCentric is already spending a significant amount of it's own resources getting this together, as you may well guess, since we are committed to the future of eCos and RedBoot.

As for actually getting the release together, we greatly appreciate the help and contributions that you, Mark and Andrew have provided towards the release. As you know, we have had all 4 maintainers here working mostly full time for the last 2-3 months building, testing, debugging, etc to get this far.

Everything on the CDROM will be available for download from the net anyway, including the prebuilt toolchains that have consumed so much of our time.

HTH
-- Alex