re: announcements

Alex,

I would very much like for you to make public clarification of your
announcement, as you have done to me privately.

The things I find misleading or missing are:
 * This offer is not coming from the maintainers [at large]
 * Proceeds are to go toward test farm improvements
 * The CDROM contents will be available for [free] download
All that was present in your text was the [seemingly] commercial plug.

If the above statements are indeed true, I think that they should be
part of the public information.  Even the web page mentioned in
the announcement has nothing to say about them, only how to order.

You also pointed out to me that there have been some harsh
feelings about email signatures appearing on the ecos-discuss
list(*).  This is nothing compared with what appears to be a blatant
commercial announcement that you've sent out today.

(*) I started using such a signature in August of 2002.  The
fact that it changed to be a Mind signature (which is little
different) is what seems to have caused the friction.

Gary Thomas                 |
MLB Associates              |  Consulting for the
+1 (970) 229-1963           |    Embedded world
http://www.mlbassoc.com/    |
email: <gary at mlbassoc dot com>  |
gpg: http://www.chez-thomas.org/gary/gpg_key.asc