Re: [APPROVE] EB40 RedBoot doc patch for 2.0 branch

Gary Thomas wrote:
On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 09:32, John Dallaway wrote:

Name: EB40 RedBoot doc patch

Description: Tweaks to the instructions for installing RedBoot on an Atmel AT91EB40 board. The existing instructions are misleading in places and the length of the current ROMRAM images requires that the 'fis write' rune be
updated.

Rationale: Doc patches are harmless providing they don't introduce build doc errors. Without this patch, installation of RedBoot on the AT91EB40 board according to the instructions will fail.

Patch: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-patches/2003-03/msg00139.html

IMO as long as the changes reflect the state of the branch, there
needs to be no further discussion - certainly not for platform
details, etc.

In fact, shall we just say that doc patches (like target patches) are exempt?

I'm also beginning to dislike this "voting" thing as such in the sense that it's very noisy and it's not clear when consensus is reached and it's okay to apply the patch. I'd prefer it to be "objections only".

Jifl