Re: Temporary ecoscentric assignments

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 02:04:37PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> >As discussed, I've finally gotten round to writing up some stuff about
> >what we agreed about the temporary arrangement to assign to eCosCentric.
> >
> >The main new page is at:
> >
> >http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecoscentric-assignment.html
>
> This page has been updated after comments, and in place of the link to
> /ml/ecos-discuss, will contain a link to the promise in the mail archive,
> rather than here. The text of that promise to be e-mailed is the same as
> what that page used to say.
>
> I'd like some explicit confirmation from non-eCosCentric folks before
> going ahead :-).

Sorry for not commenting earlier. A few minor grammar point (From me
the dyslexic!). Last sentence, first paragraph. It should be
"protect_ing_ the future of eCos."

That sentence and some of the others are rather long. Its worth
remembering that English is the second/third language for many of the
people using eCos. If i have to double take a sentence, im sure other
will struggle.

Third paragraph:

"...they are willing to accept assignments of code and documentation
copyright for new contributions..."

I would move the word copyright before assignments.

I would also change "This declaration..." to "A declaration..." The
use of This in this way suggests its refering to a subject in the
preview paragraph, when in fact its referring to what that link points
to.

I might also be good to add a paragraph on how you revoke a current
assignment agreement with RedHat.

           Andrew