Re: FW: eCos installation on Linux

Ramin Nassiri wrote:
I've already used the prebuilt binary and it works fine.

I am using eCos as part of a major development and hence I need to be able to prove that if need be, we can modify the source code and rebuild everything.

There is plenty of information and books about how to build with Cygwin but I can't find any information about building on Linux.

Can you please direct me to the information I need to diagnose the following error?

checking the default compiler flags... done
checking for eCos host-side infrastructure... -I/export/home/nassir_r/dct/cm/kermit/bcom/ecos_ source/ecos-2.0/build/tools/src/infra -L/export/home/nassir_r/dct/cm/kermit/bcom/ecos_source/e cos-2.0/build/tools/src/infra
checking for Tcl installation... configure: error: unable to locate Tcl header file tcl.h
configure: error: ../../../../tools/src/libcdl/configure failed for libcdl
configure: error: ../../../tools/src/configure failed for tools/src

This should be on ecos-discuss really. You can follow up there. For now, the thing to do though is install TCL on your machine, most likely from an RPM (or .deb) that can be foudn in your linux distribution, but which you didn't install.

Jifl