Re: MPC555 BSP

Josie Adams wrote:
Hello,
We have an eCOS BSP which supports the MPC555. We would like to contribute
this BSP to eCOS.

Our phyCORE-MPC555 single board computer is based on the MPC555 embedded
controller.
http://www.phytec.com/sbc/32bit/pc555.htm

Please let me know what further steps we need to take to get our
phyCORE-MPC555 in your list of supported hardware:
http://ecos.sourceware.org/hardware.html

Hi Jodie,

It sounds great that you've got a port done. I assume you used the existing mpc5xx variant HAL as the basis?

As for adding to the hardware list, we only list targets there that are actually part of the main eCos distribution. So the best thing to do is integrate your port into the main eCos distribution. That way everyone can get the port more easily, and you have the advantage of it being more likely to be kept up-to-date and have fixes and improvements applied by users.

The process to do this is described here:
http://ecos.sourceware.org/patches.html
As you will read there, the first step will be getting a copyright assignment in place. Then we can actually look at the patch!

Thanks for contributing back!

Jifl