Re: Assignment query

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 03:54:48PM -0700, Vivek Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote a Flash Driver Code for the company I am working for and
> would like to release it to ecos. They seem to be open to that but
> the problem I had in this is that the company still wants to use the
> code in the proprietary system.
>
> I Was wondering if there are some standard license agreements where
> they give up the copyright for the source-code but still maintain
> non-exclusive rights for them and there distributors to use the code

The standard eCos Assignment can be found at
http://ecos.sourceware.org/assign.html

The second paragraph says:

   Upon thirty days prior written notice, eCosCentric Limited agrees to
grant me non-exclusive rights to use the Work (i.e. just my changes
and enhancements, not eCos as a whole) as I see fit; (and
eCosCentric's rights shall otherwise continue unchanged).

So what you want is not a problem. Simply invoke this clause.

   Andrew