Re: Hardware support

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
Hello,

I tried to build a toolchain for the CalmRISC16 (calm16_ceb) target using
the info at http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/build-toolchain.html but found
that the calm16 target is not supported. (errormessages, no references in
sources, responses on the eCos mailinglist, etc)

Could you please let me know what is additionally needed to build a CalmRISC
toolchain for eCos?

You're right in that I can't find any trace of a GNU toolchain made available by Samsung or publically. Note, as described at <http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/boards/calm16ceb.html>, the port was only even ever for core emulation hardware, not the real CPU. Also note that CalmRISC16 support is RedBoot-only, not eCos.

Mark Salter would know more authoratitively, but your only route may be to approach Samsung directly asking for it. It does exist, but was done under contract for Samsung so they're the ones to ask.

Jifl