RE: Arcom GPL violation?

Gary,

Thanks for the clarification.

>Note: you should have also received the full sources to their
>Linux port
>if they distributed that as part of the product.

I believe they want another £100/$180 for the Linux stuff as well. I was prepared to buy the Redboot CD if it was their final word, but that was when I thought it was included in the Linux distribution as well but it isn't. I am waiting for clarification from someone from their sale team regarding whether the RedBoot stuff is also on their Linux development CD, but the girl I spoke to thought that wasn't the case. That would mean they are charging separately for a Redboot and Linux pair which brings the 'open' source cost upto about 2/3 of the VIPER board cost.

Best Regards

Steven Clugston.