Re: [ECOS] How to use CAN in poll mode?

wang cui wrote:
> I need "load" thing through CAN network, and have already done it. Just
> want to make it more standard.
>
> Also let's suppose a device be very resource-limited, how to use CAN
> without KERNEL and interrupt support? :P

You should look at the CAN stack and see how to make it "think" you've
had an interrupt by calling some poll() entry point.  That's how the
network drivers work - the same drivers work in either RedBoot or full
eCos with virtually no change.

> BTW, Gary, do you get my query about personal copyright assignment?

I was waiting to see what the other maintainers had to say about this.
IMO, if this work/effort is purely personal then you can fill out the
paperwork that way.  As for hard copy, you should sent it - what's a
few cents of postage?  Send a PDF or FAX to the maintainers if you
want to see things happen faster.

BTW, this discussion belongs on the eCos maintainer's list (CC'd)