I want to port redboot to harddisk boot on i386 pc motherboard,

I want to port redboot to harddisk boot on i386 pc motherboard, I've
copyed the redboot_FLOPPY.ecm as a starting point to make a
redboot_HD.ecm,  I changed the
/ecoscvs/ecos/packages/hal/i386/pcmb/current/include/pcmb.inc to let
it read itself from harddisk instead of floppy,
but it seems reset after load the redboot image: I mean I can see it
reads 185 sectors (by print 185 dots), the redboot is 92K indeed, so
this reading is correct, but after that, the system seems reseting,
someone know why, or some ideas about how to resolve it?

--
Denis Cheng