Re: Bugzilla 3.4.6 and Mercurial 1.5 updates

On 11/03/10 19:27, Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
> Of course, practice to clone is useful in some cases, but, I listen how
> Git geeks will say: Git's branching are no-disk-waste operations, and HG
> clones? Hm... Fortunately, I knew the very effective HG's no-disk-waste
> operation, those are `hg q*'.

As I've noted in the large email I've just sent about DCVS's :-), hg has
many more ways to branch than that. Plus hg clones on the same local disk
can use hard links to save space.

> Have a single central repository under HG, setup the DRCSed "repository"
> for a queue of the patches: `hg qinit' and then manage MQs (=patches)
> `hg qnew': do hundreds of HG `hg qrefresh', `hg qcommit' (that is your
> pain, your mistakes, your experimental stuff, if you want nobody see
> that ever) and then in one day type `hg qfinish' to apply excellent
> patch to the central repository.

I know that Nick and Bart who've been using mercurial have been using
these. I've yet to try and use them in anger - my playing so far didn't
get as far as that. They do sound good (like git's staging area).

Jifl