This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Mailbox patch
- From: Jonathan Larmour <jifl at eCosCentric dot com>
- To: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>
- Cc: Nick Garnett <nickg at ecoscentric dot com>, ecos-patches at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 21:47:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: Mailbox patch
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060910081851.GS5807@lunn.ch>
Andrew Lunn wrote:
Before committing this, I think we need to come to a consensus as to
whether this difference in behaviour is in fact significant.
Its not documented and its not what was intended, plus it makes the
system a bit smaller. So i say go for it.
I agree. And in any case, this is CVS. Changes of behaviour are not only
allowed but expected. Stability is a goal, but not a hobbling requirement
(and couldn't be anything else with so much hardware-specific stuff where
we just have to take people on trust).
eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ The eCos and RedBoot experts
------["The best things in life aren't things."]------ Opinions==mine