This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Fix for call-ar-st.exp failure on x86
- To: kingdon at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: Fix for call-ar-st.exp failure on x86
- From: Stan Shebs <shebs at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 18:45:53 -0700
- CC: gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 17:40:56 -0400
From: Jim Kingdon <email@example.com>
When GDB calls a function it incorrectly pads the arguments - that is,
GDB's behavior differs from GCC and also from the x86 ABI at
The change seems like a good idea to me, although I'd like to see it
done in the "gdbarch" way rather than by adding another ifdef to the
sources. Andrew C. should be able to help you with the details, if
the arch vector seems too mysterious still.