This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] Change configure.in so -W arnings match reality
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Change configure.in so -W arnings match reality
- From: Jim Kingdon <kingdon at redhat dot com>
- Date: 21 Feb 2000 09:05:51 -0800
- Newsgroups: cygnus.patches.gdb
- Organization: Cygnus Solutions
- References: <38B123B9.F3736CC0@cygnus.com>
> The attatched patch changes the default warnings used when compiling GDB
> so that they match the current reality (there are many more warnings
> that could be fixed but they are for post 5.0).
No objections but it doesn't solve the problem. The defaults which
actually get used (on a vanilla "./configure && make") are in the
top-level configure (which is still using Cygnus configure not
autoconf) and are -W -Wall. Since the top-level configure.in is
shared with other programs this isn't quite as easy (maybe it needs to
pass different values for each directory it recurses into?).